Developing & Fostering Emotional Sobriety
The Impact of Each of the 12 Steps
The SCV Convention of AA with Al-Anon Participation is proud to bring you PART 2 of our Emotional Sobriety Workshops! Part 2 is a one-day workshop focusing on Developing & Fostering Emotional Sobriety and The Impact of Each of the 12 Steps. Dr. Allen B. (48 years of sobriety) and Herb K. (35 years of sobriety) will guide you through this day of discovery and growth.
Who should attend?
ALL who are interested in improving the quality of their emotional life; especially those in any 12 Step Fellowship.
Honestly ask yourself:
- What are the sources and symptoms of my suffering?
- Am I doing time or living life?
- Do I have balance in my personal relationships?
- Do I have a sense of personal value and purpose?
The 12 Steps, when worked sequentially, create a powerful personal transformation. This transformation creates a new attitude and experience towards ourselves, others and the “Mystery”. They also create a template for emotional health. They help us
- to discern and then recover our true self,
- to live with balance and humility,
- to recover the ability to be the determining force in our own lives.
Dr. Berger and Herb K. will unpack each of the 12 Steps focusing on how they help us achieve and sustain emotional growth. This is a very powerful experience and will give both the long timer and newcomer an opportunity to look at the 12 Step process from a fresh perspective.
You will experience a process for:
- Identifying the obstacles to relationship with self, others and the “Mystery”.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for your happiness.
- Fostering your emotional/spiritual growth; having your life FLOURISH.
Identifying Operating Principles 1:00
Consciousness and Compassion 3:00